Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Need help with name meanings? Please?

Okay, so zero people have been answering my questions lately, so I hope at least one would care to answer this.



Can anyone give me a name that means "LIAR"? or maybe even "MYSTERIOUS"?



This is for a character in the novel I am currently TRYING to write-----I work my *** off and it still doesn't seem good.



PLEASE HELP ME!!!Need help with name meanings? Please?
Challenging..

apart from Misty and Blair



Voleta: a floating veil... that sounds mysterious?

Skovajsa: Hide yourself... could vaguely tranform into lies or mystery?

Alissa: Truthful... artistic lisense UNtruthful..Una-Lisa?



Plenty mean Dark:

Kerry

Ebony

Kieran

Cemy (or Cerny) I couldn't work it out

Doyle

Adria



Anscom: dweller in the secret valley

Heywood: from the dark forest

Zilla: a shadow



Rebecca/Rebba: a snare

Belinda: a snake

Rosamund: A (horse or) serpent



Cameron: wry, or crooked nose

Dirk: a knife



There is also the Latin words (not names)

tell a lie: mentiri

mysterious: arcanus and occultrus



Phew!! I feel like I've just written a novel??

GOOD LUCK and inspiration, with yours X
How about: "Deceptica"



I just made it up, but it flows off the tongue quite smoothly.





P.S. The very fact that you are working hard on your book suggests you are serious about writing. Once you have a polished manuscript begin submitting query letters to literary agents. Good agents can be found at the Association of Authors' Representatives website: http://www.aar-online.org



Don't give up. Your ship is just over the horizon. Keep writing, and it will come sailing in....Need help with name meanings? Please?
Well, a Welsh name that means liar is Anwir and is a boy's name.



Sorry I couldn't think of a common name, but really I don't think there are many names meaning liar, I mean who would name their child under the meaning of liar?Need help with name meanings? Please?
MELANIE - means dark or black in german

CAREY - means dark in Gaelic

YOLANDA - means violet

GRISELDA - dark battle

BLAIRE - dark and mysterious

LAYLA - dark beautiful

LISHA - full of mystery



sorry. there the best i could find. :S
What I do when I鈥檓 coming up with names I go to babynames.com or just type baby names in google search. You can find names with meanings there. I don鈥檛 know any names off the top of my head with those meanings but I hope this helped.
  • popping blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment