Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What's your favorite name meanings?

What is your favorite name(s)? If you could their meaning(s) that would be great! What are some of your other favorite name meaning(s)?

Thanks!What's your favorite name meanings?
Kendra- water baby

Amadora- gift of love

Mia- Mine

Annabelle- Grace and Beauty

Greta- pearl of the sea (my name lol)

Arianna- holy one

Giselle- a promise

Madeleine- tower of strength

Hallie- thinking of the sea

Brianna- strong



Ryan- little king

Brendon- prince

Kent- shining

Brody- brother

Caleb- of the wolves

Ethan- strong

Gavin- white hawk warrior

William- protector

Vincent- victorious

Kevin- handsome
Girl: Lola- Different sources have different meanings, but generally is listed as meaning 'of roses and sorrows' or 'lady of sorrows'. This doesn't really bother me. Sorrow is a natural emotion that can bring about good things.

Lilith- Not actually my favorite name, because of it's meaning: "Night monster, ghost". Not something you should bestow on a person.

Calypso- "She who hides" Not my favorite name, but I think this is a lovely meaning, in a weird way.



Boys:

Milo- "Mild, peaceful, calm" I love the sound of this name but the meaning is so beautiful and while I think the name is masculine enough, being peaceful and mild is an admirable trait that many modern men are lacking.

Abel- "Breath" not my favorite name, but the meaning is cool.What's your favorite name meanings?
~*Kerensa means "love" in Cornish.

~*Beibhinn means "beautiful maid" in Gaelic.

~*Joy

~*Blythe

~*Hope

~*Shiphrah/Shifrah "beautiful" in Hebrew. It's not just its literal meaning that I find appealing. It is the name of one of the Midwives in Exodus who refused to kill the Hebrew babies when Pharoah ordered her to do so.

~*Sabine/Sabina means (indirectly) "a peaceful woman." When Rome was established, the men had to women to marry. So they stole the women from the nearby town of Sabine. When the men stormed Rome to win them back, the women stopped them from fighting, avoiding a war.What's your favorite name meanings?
My favourite name is Bella, which means beautiful. For a boy, I like Harrison which means Son of Harry.



I love the meaning of the name Anastasia, which is resurrection.
I love the name Nadia. It means "Hope."



I also like...

-Anna. It means "Gracious."

-Emmaline. It means "Whole."

-Carly. It means "Little %26amp; Womanly."
Princess -Sarah

exalted- Aaron

Wealthy guardian- Edward

The man - Charles

He who holds Christ in his heart. - Christopher

'heavenly'- Celeste

Strong girl- Valeriah
jason-healer

noel-day of birth

erik=etrnal ruler

seth-appoited
rachel means ewe

Felicity means happy

Kate means pure

Selena means moon

Rose means rose
valentina or valentine meaning: strong vigorous healthy

siobhan or shevaun

findabhair
my name: aoife means joy, beautiful and radience

No comments:

Post a Comment