Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What is the meaning of the name Kayla?

I want to know the OFFICIAL meaning of the name Kayla. I've looked online but have gotten sooo many different answers. Does anyone have an actual book of name meanings or studies names or something that could tell me exactly what Kayla means? Please?What is the meaning of the name Kayla?
Kayla as a girl's name is pronounced KAY-la. It is of Irish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Kayla is "slim and fair".
Kayla is a female given name,

meaning "pure" in Greek,

"beloved" in Gaelic,

"wise child" in Arabic,

"crown of laurels" in Latin,

and "full of joy" in Hebrew.

Variants include Kaela, Kaila, and Cayla.

The Russian name Kayla is pronounced 'Kee-lay' and is spelt Kaelah, meaning "misunderstood" in Russian. It originates from the rare small Russian fruit, Kulae.What is the meaning of the name Kayla?
I don't think there is an OFFICIAL meaning, It depends on what origin it comes from. In hebrew it means - Who is like God

In latin it means -

Latinate feminine form of Michael



So it depends =)What is the meaning of the name Kayla?
In every othe language it means "one who is godlike"

in hindi it means bananna
I have book of names and my book says Kayla means Laurel, crown. the book is called : The very best baby name book by Bruce Lansky 1996
the lonely gay one
I dunno. My name is Micaela, but I'm called Kayla a lot.



My REAL name - Micaela is the female version of Michal.
It is yet another form of "Katherine" - it means pure. I love that name :]

No comments:

Post a Comment