Thursday, February 9, 2012

Can someone suggest to me some pretty female English names and their meanings that are uncommon?

I am working on a story, and I want a special name for my main character, but I can't seem to find what I am looking for. If anyone can suggest to me some beautiful, female, English names that are uncommon, along with their meanings, I would really appreciate it. Thank you. :)Can someone suggest to me some pretty female English names and their meanings that are uncommon?
One of my favorites is Wilhelmina / Williamina. In either spelling, it means "Protectoress of the Realm".

Also, Gwendolyn is pretty cool and has a bunch of possible meanings. It happens to be an alternative name for Guinevere in one of the older versions of the Arthur legends. I've pasted the wikipedia page for it as my source so you can go check the various potential meanings. Since "Gwen" and "Dolyn" each have several possible meanings, you end up with a bunch of different possible combinations.



Good luck on your story!Can someone suggest to me some pretty female English names and their meanings that are uncommon?
Ut la pagaer Buneos deais? No hoaln asi asi moe mor hoe . whroe zoe li alal opleoued.
  • the bees
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment