Thursday, February 9, 2012

What is your favorite meaning for a name (despite the name)?

I love the meaning for my name, it's pearl of the sea but I HATE my name (Greta) what is your favorite meaning for a name and if you want mention what your name means?



BQ 1: Do name meanings have a lot of impact on the name you choose for a child?What is your favorite meaning for a name (despite the name)?
I love the meaning of the Persian name Zuleika - "brilliant beauty". Don't really love the name itself that much.



BQ: It does have some influence - I might reject a name that had a particularly nasty meaning, like "poison" or something, but I wouldn't pick a name just because it had a great meaning.
Raziel (Raw-zee-uhl) means Keeper Of God's Secrets, he's one of my favorite angels in the Book Of Enoch. Not that I'm religious, I just love reading that stuff, it's so strange.

But it would get mispronounced a lot and I'm not very fond of how it sounds...

My name is Jennifer Michelle Bailey. Jennifer means Fair One/White Wave, Michelle means Who Is Like God, and Bailey is my last name and it means Bailiff (Though the first name Bailey means A Field Of Berries).

BQ: It's a bonus if a name has a nice meaning, and I may throw out a name if the meaning is too terrible, but other wise I don't think about it too much.What is your favorite meaning for a name (despite the name)?
Boy: "Redeemer" - Ransome. Love the name and the meaning.
Girl: "Father's joy" - Abigail. Like the meaning, not too keen on the name.

BQ 1: They don't have any impact on my favourite names. I like names because of their appearance, sound and sometimes their family connection. I am interested in knowing the meanings of the names I like, and it's good when they have a good meaning, but it doesn't really impact my liking for them. Maybe if a name I liked had a hideous meaning I wouldn't like it so much anymore, but so far none have!What is your favorite meaning for a name (despite the name)?
I love the meaning of your name :)

My favorite meaning for a name is Laila - dark-haired beauty

My name means boundless...I kind of like it!



BQ: Not so much. I take more consideration into how well it sounds. However, a nice meaning is an added bonus! :)
My favorite meaning is something to do with bringing brightness back or something like that. I can only think of one name. Lucifer. I do like this name but many people disapprove even though it's meaning is "light bearer"



=]
Not crazy about the name "Dorothy" but it means "Gift from God" so the meaning is awesome ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment