Thursday, February 9, 2012

Does the meaning of a name matter to you?

If you really loved a name but it had a not so lovely meaning would you still use it? Do you even look at name meanings or just go with what sounds good?



Example-

Cameron means bent nose

Kennedy means ugly head

Calvin means baldDoes the meaning of a name matter to you?
Name meanings don't matter to me at all.

If a name I like happens to have a horrible meaning, I won't like it any less. If it happens to have a nice meaning then that's a bonus.

Although it is fun to look at meanings and find ones you like!
Meanings are marginally important to me for a number of reasons.



Sometimes, a meaning lets you in on which gender it's for - names on the wrong gender irk me to no end.



I value words in general, so meanings and origins of names mean a lot to me - it's what got me into names in the first place.Does the meaning of a name matter to you?
Not particularly. Name meanings are just origins. Parents could have a whole other reasoning or 'meaning' behind it. I think if you like the sound of a name or it's important to you, it doesn't really matter that meant something else thousands of years ago.Does the meaning of a name matter to you?
not really...the meaning is just a random fact...nobody says what is your name and what does it mean, they just say what is your name



**



i just go what sounds good, but it is interesting to see the meaning...i wouldn't base my decision only on the meaning
The meaning doesn't necessarily matter to me. I am naming my baby Sawyer (which means wood cutter)



The meaning isn't the best, but it doesn't bother me
I do look at the meaning and the only time I would overlook it is if it was a family name honouring someone special

......................................…
A nice meaning to a name is an added bonus but If I really liked a name and the meaning wasnt quite so nice I would still use it.
I always look at meanings just b/c I like to see the origins but it does not really matter. Unless the "name" is a word, I don't care.
If I really liked a name, I would use it regardless of the meaning
My name means bitter sea, and it's pretty offensive.
No because nobody gives a damn of what your name means!
If I really loved the name, I'd use it.
Nope. I don't really care.

No comments:

Post a Comment