Monday, February 6, 2012

Naming a character: All meanings of the name Cordelia, and other names which mean ocean, water or sea?

I need all the different meanings of the name Cordelia, be it Welsh, Celtic or any kind of cultural meaning for this name. I am trying hard to name a character for a short story and it's so difficult to name her!



Description (if it helps you in answering my question):

Has long, slightly wavy dark hair, eyes are greenish-blue/turquoise. Very fair skinned.



Personality of a name doesn't matter to me. I just need meanings of names (which have to mean ocean or water or sea/sea jewel) and whether or not the name is suitable for the character's description.



Does the name Cordelia even fit the description? My friends tell me it doesn't, but I kind of like it and it's currently my #1 choice.



Please help! I'm having a really hard time deciding.



Thanks soooooo much!Naming a character: All meanings of the name Cordelia, and other names which mean ocean, water or sea?
Just use whatever name that fits best but don't be agonizing over it. Parents don't name their children knowing that their eyes are going to stay blue, or become a vivid jewel color. Nor do they name their kids knowing they're going to be all emo, or a savior to mankind, or a villian. (ie: Darktalon Raven Hellfire III)



Here's some info on Cordelia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordelia



Also check out some babyname websites.





Hope this helps :)Naming a character: All meanings of the name Cordelia, and other names which mean ocean, water or sea?
The name Brooklyn is a baby girl name. The name Brooklyn comes from the English origin. In English The meaning of the name Brooklyn is: Water; stream. its a common name so it will be more readable for the readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment